Athletes Info 2016 (to be updated on a regular basis)
Invited athletes competing in the Harry Jerome Track Meet will be transported, by bus, from the athlete hotel Saturday, June 18th to the 11:00 ferry. They should confirm details of this with Harry Jerome organizing committee personnel. Victoria Track Classic will pick athletes up from the Victoria side & transport to provided housing at the University of Victoria. Post meet transportation will follow the same procedure to the 7 am ferry back to Vancouver airport on Monday, June 20th.
If other transportation arrangements are made these should be confirmed with either Elite Athlete Coordinator Brent Fougner or Elite Athlete Services Manager Ulla Hansen 250-419-3870 or athleteservices@trackclassic.
Invited athletes will be provided an individual room on campus at the UVic housing complex. Check in is at the Craigdarrock housing office.
All other athletes and coaches can book rooms at UVic housing by contacting UVic housing at this link.
UVic housing is a 5′ walk from the track at Centennial Stadium.
Invited Athletes housing includes a breakfast voucher only. Meal voucher cards can be purchased from the conference housing office. There are a few different dining options on campus and a handful of restaurants and grocery stores within 1 – 2km of campus. Map to the two restaurants below.
Thai Lemongrass Restaurant – excellent Thai Food (short walk down Sinclair Rd – reservations recommended)
3838 Cadboro Bay Road
Smuggler’s Cove Pub – pub fare, short walk down Sinclair Rd
2581 Penrhyn St (250) 477-2688
Invitational Athlete Package Pick Up, per diem pick up
A track classic table will be set up in the foyer to meet athletes arriving from the ferry for package pick up on Saturday, June 18th.
On meet day athletes can pick up their packages from 10:00am – 12:00 pm at the U.Vic. Centennial Stadium athlete check in tent outside the main entrance to the stadium.
Practice Times at Centennial Stadium (except shot put and hammer)
Saturday, June 18th – 3:30 – 6:30
Medical Services (located in bunker beneath the stadium scoreboard).
Saturday June 18th – 3:30-6:30pm – Athletic Therapist and massage therapist on site at Centennial Stadium in the bunker beneath the stadium scoreboard.
Sunday June 19th – 11:00 am – 4:00 pm – Athletic Therapists, massage therapy, sport medicine doctor, nurses
Accreditation can be picked up at the VIP/Coaches tent outside Centennial Stadium on Sunday June 19th, between 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Contact Athlete Services Coordinator Ulla Hansen to be included on the pass list.
Ulla’s cell number is 250-419-3870
Athletes eligible for prize money will collect their funds from the Athlete Control following the posting of the officials results.
Victoria International Track Classic Travel Assistance
Invited athletes seeking travel assistance funds must sign for their money upon arrival at the University of Victoria housing check-in office.
Field Event Implement Weigh In – Sunday, June 19th
Must be completed between 10:00 am to 12:00 pm in the bunker beneath the stadium scoreboard
- Athletes in field events will be introduced 5’ prior to the start of their event at the event site.
- Athletes in lane events will be introduced at the start line.
- 1500m athletes will be introduced during the race
- Event winners will be interviewed in front of the grandstand.
- Travel subsidies can be signed for at the awards tent at the 100m start line once final results have been posted.
- Field event athletes check in at the event site at least 30’ prior to the start of the event
- Track event athletes check in at the Athlete Control Tent at the 100m start line at least 30’ prior to the start of the event
Athlete Warm ups
- Track athletes are to conduct warm ups on the stadium backstretch. Please do not warm up on the infield or in front of the grandstand.
- Field event athletes can warm up at their event site.